Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Letter Rick Received

Rick received an email from a gentleman on Friday (1.13.2012).  We thought it was so nice and thoughtful, we wanted to share it with everyone.


Email from Mike:


Hi Rick, I live in Seattle and I don't ride motorcycles, so it's ok if you don't like me already (lol). I was searching for bicycle shops in Dallas on Google, and your site came up and out of curiosity I clicked on it, then saw "Read My Story" or whatever it was called and I ready your story. WOW, what a great story of doing what you love and making a living, a life, doing it. Truly the american dream, though I doubt it felt so dreamy all the time. You sound like a great guy, with a good heart. Knowing how retail business works, what you have contributed to your community is an asset of goodwill that is difficult to measure and is certainly much greater than you may ever think. So whenever you have a moment of self doubt or wonder if you are doing enough with your life, that is a good time for faith in yourself, in what you've built, and the value you created for others that would not exist without you. So that's pretty cool. Anyway, that's my cheerleading for the day. Just a random act of "good job". Take care. Mike. PS. Cool website--lots going on.




Rick's reply to Mike:


Hey thanks Mike! I really appreciate the kind words you sent me. My life has truly been a dream come true. I believe that we can all be whatever we want to be…if we want it bad enough! I really appreciate you taking the time to email me & thanks for taking the time to read my story! If you’re ever in Dallas please stop by & allow me to show you around my “Empire”!
Thanks Mike, you made my day!
RF

1 comment:

  1. Awesome story...For a guy that isnt even involved in the lifestyle and was look'n for a bicycle..kind of meant to be of sorts. Anyway, I think ur hip kat and dig ur "Empire". I stop buy everytime I get to Big D.
    Peace Out,
    Doogie

    ReplyDelete